Additional resources should also be made available with the data to encourage use or understanding of the data. Any additional files provided will be published alongside the dataset as a resource:
- research reports
- website links which provide context and additional information
- photographs or images of the subject matter e.g. sample area
- pre or post print journal articles where journal agreements allow
- any document which the data has received copyright to publish/re-use
- any federal government (U.S. or Canada) document
These resources should be licensed for reuse or copyrights clearly stated to reduce any confusion on how these additional resources can be used.